N4 Solutions, LLC offers our public and private sector clients the collective intellectual knowledge, expertise, and experience of our company and associates to help our customers evaluate, collaborate, innovate, and create business, technology, and scientific solutions that enable them to accomplish their mission and achieve organizational objectives. We are seeking highly-talented, skilled, and accomplished professional to join our team!
Task 3: Support for Communications Activities
- The HSPA serves a key role in providing support to the THRO by researching, analyzing, and preparing plans and reports on research and research training, focused on American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN) populations and tribal affairs. In this role, the contractor identifies appropriate source information, performs necessary analyses, and prepares reports, slides, fact sheets, and other materials for the THRO.
Task 1: Data Analysis and Reports
- Identify NIH and other data sources and perform data queries, literature reviews, developing or otherwise funding data needed to prepare reports to be submitted by the THRO.
- Support Health Science Policy Analysts in tasks related to completion of 2018 AI/AN research portfolio.
- Extract data from various NIH systems and analyze data for accuracy ensuring the data are pertinent to reporting requirements.
- Develop and utilize quality assurance methods to ensure data is complete, accurate, and pertinent to the task; take steps to reconcile data integrity concerns.
- Drafting reports based on data analysis, feedback, and Division/OD/NIH/HHS practices
Task 2: Information Dissemination
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for a wide range of audiences on NIH AI/AN research and career development activities.
- Draft weekly reports on NIH activities regarding Tribes and COVID-19 for reporting to IEA/HHS.
- Participate in online HHS Regional Tribal Consultations and draft summaries of discussions bringing to leadership’s attention issues related to research and COVID-19.
- Draft agendas and summaries for monthly THRO Coordinating Committee (CC) meetings; coordinate and draft written background materials and develop slides to share with THRO CC.
- Based on knowledge of AI/AN communities, culture and diversity, draft fact sheets and education materials for NIH ICs to use to engage Tribes in a culturally appropriate and respectful manner.
- Proofread written documents on scientific, technical, and policy issues and translate technical and scientific subject matter into clear and concise text.
- Ensure that written content is written in plain language, accessible to a lay audience, and free of bureaucratic or overly dense language.
Task 4: Training Activities
- Support communications staff by developing and editing content for print publications, online channels, community engagements, Tribal Consultations, and Tribal Advisory Committee meetings.
- Prepare all written materials in a culturally appropriate and respectful manner consistent with best-practice communication strategies.
- Support Communications staff by developing culturally appropriate materials about NIH research, clinical trials, and funding opportunities to disseminate to Tribal Nations via social media and other avenues.
- Research and develop a variety of materials as background information to be used in preparing written and oral communication documents for staff.
Education / Experience:
- Collaborate with Health Science Policy Analysts to coordinate summer training activities for AI/AN students.
- Draft outreach communication to inform summer students of events or activities.
- Create AI/AN summer student directory and online resources for students.
- Master’s degree in a science related field; three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor’s degree is equivalent to a Master’s degree.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of NIH policies, procedures and policies.
- Broad knowledge of biomedical research areas so as to be able to conduct literature searches, to gather new information, identify topics, write and edit in depth technical documents and documents for the lay public.
- Excellent judgment in interpreting findings, analyzing data and other gathered information, verifying facts, and drawing conclusions.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and image processing software (Photoshop).
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Knowledge of correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and style.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member.
- Experience working with underrepresented communities preferred but not required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a NACI level 1 clearance
The N4 Solutions Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. N4 Solutions hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications and achievements for the job to be filled.